Sunday, November 12, 2006

Some days

Some days I wish I was just the typical girl next door. I'd find myself a boyfriend who ignores me in favor of football, takes me out for ribs and beer, tells his guy friends that I'm good in bed and that I will occasionally let him get kinky enough to tie my hands. He'd be reliable, predictable, and easily forgotten. A nice guy, that type of guy who doesn't even catch my eye any more.

It's not to say that dominants are not nice, or reliable, or hell even predictable. It's just a whole other life, a whole other set of circumstances. A dominant possesses qualities that even on a boring day are still so much more. There's an invisible current always running, always on. It's that understanding of who they are and who you are.

And when you're missing it, boy are you missing it bad.

It's enough to make you scream, make you cry, make you rant and rave and babble on in your brand new blog. And, it's not self-esteem issues, let's not get it mixed up. I don't need someone just so I'm not alone. That is something easily remedied. It's specific.

It's that something only that one someone can ease.

But, the sun always shines again.

Eventually.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey there. I've liked your posts so far. I'm a vanilla nice guy, looking a bit into D/s, because I think my girlfriend might be submissive. Reading this post, I was left thinking... IS it something inherent? Can't dominants be made? I'm certainly not horrified by the idea, and with a little work it might work out.

So, I'm thinking, maybe you could try to do the same thing? I don't think it's impossible to awaken dominant tendencies in "nice guys".

Anyweay, I like your blog. Keep at it.

irbluebutterfly said...

I can't tell you how many times I've thought the same exact thing. If I were "normal", would I be happier? It's so frustrating.